Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How to Choose a Life

It has come to my knowledge that this world doesn't look kindly on the indecisive at heart. This hasn't been just a sudden revelation. Actually I think it all began back in Junior High. I distinctly remember being handed a career catalog by my parents and being told i was free to go when i had decided on a career to work towards. I must have chosen something because i was back to playing the computer only hours later.
My first years in college have been great and my only goal was to my Associate's degree and get married. Kylee is quite lucky, having known exactly what she wanted to do since High School. But it turns out an Associate's doesn't mean a thing to the working class these days and in order to get into any classes at a University one must tell them exactly what you want as your job for the rest of your life, how much money you want to make, where you want to live, how many kids you will have, what your favorite color will be in twenty years, what brand of cereal you like... Some things are just impossible to predict. so what is an indecisive to do?
As a masterful procrastinator and proficient choice-avoider I pride myself on knowing how to beat the selective system and i think i have found the solution.
Every University has a Psychology Program. No one knows why, it's just part of the curriculum. The big secret is that psychology is a multipurpose discipline that can be applied in many fields of work and business. So... if one were to enroll in the psych major and promise to master in business or the sort, not only would they learn how to better work with people they would also postpone the actual career choice till much later! Bwa Ha Ha Ha!!!

Jake, where there's a will there's a way

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

i think it is fantastic that you BOTH post on this blog. I have only been able to get my husband to post a few times in all my bloggy years.

ANYWAY...

I just wanted to stop in, as a fellow nominee, and congratulate you on your Top Blog 2010 Nomination over on The Blog Guide.

It is a thrill to be nominated in such great company!!

Stephanie said...

Ha Ha I remember you getting a lot of talks like that. For Kylee and your kids sake I hope they stuck well.