Thursday, May 26, 2011

Alphabet Soup Play List

A year or two ago my favorite radio station 107.5 THE END(later 101.9) had what they called Alphabet Soup Weekends where they would play sections of the music library in alphabetical order instead of in order of popularity or by artist. naturally you can't get through an entire library of music from the 80's 90's and today's music in just three days but it was a great way to mix up the rotation of songs and hear some songs that I had forgotten about.
But up in Cache Valley the only radio stations we get are country, Mexican Band, and pop music. You can find MY 99.5 if your at the right intersection but its not reliable. So I came up with my own alphabet soup playlist on my Mp3 player starting with the A's and ending with "Zoo Station"-U2. and now to play it...
The first day was great with "25 or 6 to 4"-Chicago and "A little less conversation"-Elvis Presley. This whole library of music may take me a good week or two to finish which is impressive to me. I still remember when the only CD I owned was Eiffel 65's "I'm Blue" which i probably won't get to until next Monday.

Jake, a.k.a. DJ Alpha-Zeta

No comments: