Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What do I want to be now that i'm grown up?

For Labor day Kylee and I went down to that awesome little town in central Utah called Holden. It's funny though how at this age the only question on everyone's mind is "how is school?" and "what are you going into?"
I am grateful that everyone wants to know but I feel bad that i don't have an exciting answer like Bio-engineering, Landscape Architecture, or even deaf studies. I think it is because I have a different outlook on work than most do. There are hobbies and there is work. for some people they can be combined and that is great. For me I don't think there is enough money in gardening, training pets, and playing video games combined to make the kind of living that our future retirement goals will require.
Now I'm not worried that I'm doomed to a desk job in a cubicle next to Dwight Schrute. Even though work for me is just a means to and end I'm pretty confident that I'll find ways to make it a fun ride to retirement. How do I know this? I'm Jacob Wood! I am the master of the easily entertained. I will probably have the coolest desk toys and trinkets in the entire Office building.

Jake, I tinker with trinkets

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What who doesn't want a desk next to dwight schrute haha