Monday, December 6, 2010

One year ago...

I got engaged to the most wonderful man :)

He surprised me by doing it earlier then I thought he would. Jake was able to get tickets to the Christmas Devotional at Temple Square. I had the most amazing time listening to the First Presidency in person and then walking around Temple Square looking at the lights.  He then led me to the 'perfect picture spot' where he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife.
I thought he was joking and didn't realize he was serious. I think I said "no" more than I said yes but I am glad that he asked in such a special and wonderful way. I wouldn't change anything about that day (except maybe my being totally clueless).


I love Jake so very much! He is the sweetest and kindest guy I know. 



{a special thank you to Jessica & Donnie Howell who took these pictures of us and
 recorded the proposal for us! today is their engagement anniversary too!}

No comments: